Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's On My Craft Table?...

I'm so loving the color pink these days...
My favorite stitch is the French Knot...I've probably made thousands of them.





I've been using some of my Vintage Buttons for the flower centers.  On some the flowers I also added some paper accents and scraps of burlap.
More finished sample work...from here I choose a style that I want to reproduce in quantity,  although I could probably sell each one a as Unique Individual Item.  I just love them all, I think they are so sweet.  The softness of the crochet flower partnered with a burlap scrap and velvet ribbon just speak sweetness to me.
I love adding little details, like the tiny glass seed beads to these Boutonnieres.
Just a little messy...But I love having my materials at my finger tips.


When I'm not babysitting my grandson, I'm at my crafting desk working on felt flowers and leaves, twine and ribbon.  Soon I'll have a couple of bouquets to start posting on my Etsy shop.
I really love the hand stitching process in these projects.  I think it's very therapeutic...seems I'm always brought to a mindful place...so calmly focused on each stitch.  Crocheting the little flowers always reminds me that it's those simple little details that seem to make the most impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment